I like simple yet delicious meals and this one is a go-to for me. You can make it grain-free/low carb by simply throwing the flavourful chicken in lettuce wraps. Although I love the look and taste of Boston lettuce, the leaves are NEVER big enough and everything ends up falling out. My go to therefore are romaine lettuce leaves. Not as exciting but much more effective and more useful for other meals - i.e. vegan kale caesar salad, green smoothies. This is an anything goes type of dish so feel free to throw in any veggies that draw you in. :)
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 2 tbsp mayo (regular if eggs are ok for you, avocado mayo if not) - add more if needed
- 1-1.5 tbsp curry powder (add more to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1-2 celery stick - diced
- 2 green onions - diced
- handful of cashews - toasted and chopped
- leaf lettuce
- sliced avocado - optional
- broccoli sprouts - optional (but GREAT for liver support)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil on medium heat in a medium pan. Add chicken top side down and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until browned on top side. Flip, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and add 1/4 cup water. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for an additional 7-10 minutes until chicken in cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and let cool. Once cooled, shred with 2 forks.
- Add chicken to bowl and mix in mayo, curry powder, carrots, celery, green onion and cashews. Mix well. Add additional mayo, salt and pepper and curry powder as needed...to your liking!
- Ta da! It's all ready. Add a scoop of chicken, sliced avocado and sprouts to your lettuce wrap and take a bite. :)
This recipe is great for lunch or simple dinner, especially when you do not want something to heavy.
In health & happiness,