Dr. Karen is passionate about treating a wide range of conditions with a focus on digestive health, chronic fatigue and mental health. She pulls from a variety of modalities to provide a comprehensive treatment plan designed specifically for you.
- Dietary/digestive concerns
- Chronic Fatigue/Insomnia
- Chronic pain
- Skin conditions
- Immune support/allergies
- Hormone imbalances (adrenal, thyroid, menopause)
- Women's health issues (PMS, infertility, menopause, PCOS)
- Autoimmune conditions
- Hypertension/High cholesterol
Your First Visit
The first visit typically lasts 75 minutes and involves numerous questions aimed at creating a detailed picture of your health history. It’s a good idea to bring any lab results or prescriptions you have, as they may contribute important information. A more focused exam may be necessary at this time as well (a lung exam if your primary concern is a cough, for example). Recommendations and supplements may be given, however it takes some time to establish the most effective treatment plan for you.
Your follow-up visits
These visits are typically 30-45 minutes. A full, detailed physical exam may be necessary on the second visit.
The number of visits required to achieve your goals will depend on your health concerns and how quickly you have integrated any recommendations into your life. A few visits within a couple months is common. Once we have seen improvements, visits will likely become less frequent and will start to focus on maintenance. If getting acupuncture, visits will be more frequent.
*Direct billing available for several insurance plans including Blue Cross, Manlife and GWL.
Dr. Karen also offers free 15 minute phone consults for prospective patients. Let's get to know each other.
- Initial Visit (75 minutes) - $185
- 1st Follow Up Visit (45 minutes) - $115 - Your second appointment will last for up to 45 minutes, where Dr. Karen may continue to ask some questions to further clarify your case and more substantial treatment plan is outlined.
- General Follow Up Visits (30 minutes) - $90 - This visit is for general follow ups within 3 months of last visit.
- 3-12 Month Follow Up Visits (45 minutes) - $115 - If Dr. Karen has not seen you within the last 3 months a longer visit is necessary to ensure there is enough time to follow up.
- Acute visit (15 minutes) - $50 - This visit is reserved for any acute issue that needs to be addressed asap. Eg. Common cold, flu, or quick follow up.
- IV Therapy Treatment (30-45 minutes) - $90-150
- Acupuncture visit (45 minutes) - $90
- B12 Injections - $20 (+ 5 minute injection visit fee if applicable)
- Child/Senior Initial Visit (60 minutes) - $160
- Child/Senior Follow up Visits (30 minutes) - $80